Wednesday, February 23, 2011

March Kimchi Workshop

The March canning workshop will be a little change of pace--instead of canning, we will learn a different skill: making kimchi. Kimchi is a spicy, tangy, and delicious Korean fermented cabbage mix.
The class is appropriate for any level of fermentation enthusiast. During the class, you will learn how to make kimchi, get started on a batch, and have a chance to talk about other fermenting projects. You will take home a container with a gallon of kimchi, jars in which to store the finished kimchi, and instructions/recipe.

$30 will cover the materials and ingredients.

Because of the limitations of the available space, I am capping this workshop at 6 people. You must reserve your space in the workshop through purchasing a "ticket" through the PayPal link (you do not need a PayPal account to buy). Also, RSVP to me to let me know you're coming.The workshop is on Sunday, March 20th from 1:30-4:00 PM, and will take place in my own South Knoxville kitchen: 969 E Moody Ave., Knoxville, TN 37920.

Please bring a cutting board and a knife to the workshop.

Please email me if you have any questions, or if you would like me to give you directions. I look forward to seeing you at the workshop!

No comments: