Saturday, February 5, 2011

Lentil Soup

This is a pretty crummy picture of some really great soup that I made last weekend--we ate it for lunches over the course of the week. The soup is seriously the easiest soup I have ever made: it involved about 7 minutes of hands-on time, and most of that time was spent cutting up vegetables, and me figuring out that we didn't have any "regular" lentils. Instead, I used a combination of French lentils and red lentils--the red lentils fell apart completely over the course of cooking, and thickened the soup. This was also the first time for me to use home-made boullion, which is incredibly easy to make, and really saved the soup, as I didn't have any stock on hand. The recipe comes from Cubit's Organic Living, a great blog, and the supplier of several of my seeds. If you're planning a garden, you should see if Cubit's has anything for you; I've had nothing but great experiences with them.
But about the soup--I'd forgotten how nice it is to have soup when it's cold outside. And distributing the soup into pint mason jars makes it very easy to take along for lunch when we're getting ready in the mornings.

No comments: