Sunday, January 30, 2011

Resolve

I don't often buy clothes, and so at the beginning of the year, it seemed logical for me to make a plan to not buy any new clothes or shoes for the entire year. I am allowing myself to buy used things (from consignment stores, for example), but only things that I would really need. And the funny thing is, I can't really think of an example--what is something that I'd have to have badly enough to buy? I have a small but versatile collection of teaching clothes. I have summer clothes, and winter clothes. I can work on mending my old coats to make them sturdier for next winter. So right now--a month in, this doesn't seem too difficult a resolution to keep. I know (already) that after this year, this will make me an even more conscious consumer.

No comments: