Monday, January 30, 2012

Yesterday's Canning Workshop

Filling jars with white wine chile jelly.
Securing the lids and rings.
 Yesterday's class reminded me why I started teaching canning in the first place. The energy in the cozy and familiar Birdhouse kitchen was really quite empowering--everyone was interested to learn about canning, and had a lot of questions. A couple people were already familiar with the process of canning, but had questions about the specific recipes (of the mustard and chile jelly that we made) and pressure canning. All in all, I am glad that I've made a return to teaching workshops. I'll definitely have another one in February or March. Thanks, everyone, for coming, learning, and showing your support.

3 comments:

radioactivegan said...

That jelly looks delicious. I am going to have to find a recipe for that! What do you use white wine chile jelly on?

zemmely said...

I think of the jelly as a good excuse for having wine in the morning--on toast. I also suggested to one of the attendees that the jelly could make an excellent addition to a cake, between the layers. I never really cared for jelly until this iteration of it--it's definitely worth a try.

KFC Menu UK said...

KFC's commitment to innovation is evident in its ever-evolving menu, which introduces exciting limited-time offerings and caters to diverse palates, ensuring there's something for everyone at this beloved fast-food establishment. https://kfcmenuuk.com/