Thursday, July 7, 2011

Using the CSA Basket: Roma Beans

I'm not ever sure if these beans warrant a post all of their own, but I figured that if I'd started documenting some of the things that we've been making with our CSA share this week, I'd better continue. I love how excellent vegetables lend themselves so easily to being prepared simply. These beans were just parboiled, and then sautéed with some garlic and fresh basil in olive oil. I'm sure there was also a pinch of salt and a dash of pepper. These are some of the first green beans that we've gotten so far, and they made an excellent light lunch, along with the last of the purple coleslaw.

I've had a lot on my mind lately, and it seems things won't quite slow down enough for me to think about everything properly; already, it is almost the middle of blueberry and blackberry season here, and peaches will start ripening in earnest very soon. I'll have a peach coffee cake recipe for you all soon. Until then!

No comments: